Encrypted Traffic Classification
Unlock encrypted traffic. Optimize network efficiency
Overcome encryption. Enhance your service. Assure high Quality of Experience.
The traffic encryption widely used by Internet services and data privacy applications poses a serious challenge to traffic visibility in your networks. It hinders traffic analysis and management. Allot identifies encrypted traffic so you can improve network efficiency and assure Quality of Experience for every user and application.
Don’t let encryption impede traffic visibility
Encryption guarantees users’ security and privacy by concealing the data flow and preventing its identification. For example, P2P and VoIP services such as BitTorrent and Skype, obfuscate their protocol structure to avoid detection, traffic shaping, or metering. Likewise, many OTT applications use SSL to encrypt communications and hide user information. Although encryption is reassuring for privacy purposes, it compromises traffic visibility; without which, traffic management and security cannot be comprehensive. Allot’s solution overcomes these challenges because it classifies all traffic, irrespective of encryption. This means you can thoroughly analyze and manage it, so that you can assure users’ quality of experience.
Traffic you can see is traffic you can control
Accurate traffic classification determines how well you can quantify and understand network usage, optimize network efficiency, assure high-quality service delivery, create value added services and charge for their use. Our superior DPI Traffic Classification is based on Dynamic Actionable Recognition Technology (DART) that employs multiple inspection methods to identify traffic according to Layer-7 application, user, device, access, video and contextual attributes. Allot’s combination of inspection methods results in highly granular and accurate recognition even at maximum speeds and peak loads. DART proactively learns and adapts to evolving encryption tactics, such as:
- Pattern and numerical property analysis of packet contents.
- Heuristic analysis of behavior statistics from inspected transactions.
- Peer learning: analysis of peer system behavior to identify P2P seeders (multiple transmission of files) and popular peers.
- Port, IP address, or range of IP addresses classification
- Machine learning based on statistical distribution patterns for over 1000 traffic attributes.
- Automatic IP discovery through analysis of service hosts and subscriber records.
- Predictive DPI (PDPI): Allot’s patented technology that enables the classification engine to learn from the patterns and behavior of traffic that it recognizes with 98% accuracy, and compare them to encrypted flows in order to improve identification.
The latest protocols supported by Allot, enabling full visibility and control over your network.
With the power to classify every packet, our traffic management toolkit can help you provide more high-quality services to more subscribers while keeping costs down.
How Allot works with leading service providers to see, control and protect the data in their networks, to maximize efficiency and security.
The industry’s leading multiservice platform for network visibility, security and control
A central vantage point for network-wide configuration, policy management, and hitless updates to the traffic classification engine inside every Allot multiservice platform
Allot's intelligent congestion control ensures subscriber QoE at every point in your network, and can save you 10% or more on infrastructure costs
Automate your ability to maximize subscriber Quality of Experience and network efficiency with Allot's powerful policy control