Increase connectivity revenue by 10-15% by leveraging existing customer premise equipment (CPE) to deliver security services that protect the smart-home IoT and user devices.
HomeSecure, enabled through the Netonomy acquisition, extends Allot’s security service platform - Allot Secure, to enable CSPs to secure consumer home IoT, smart appliances, and user devices.
HomeSecure is designed to address the proliferation of connected devices within the home and the changing threat landscape, targeting IoT devices in addition to traditional PC’s, tablets and smartphones and the actual CPE that provides connectivity. Out-of-the-box security and automation reduces the complexity of securing many devices within the home and frequent security updates close new vulnerabilities as they are discovered.
HomeSecure – a centrally managed thin agent that is remotely installed onto existing CPE networked devices in the home. The client is designed to operate on existing CPE with minimal impact on CPU and memory resulting in less than 10% performance impact. Through machine learning techniques and visibility provided by the agent all the devices within the home are identified, a default security policy is applied per device to protect them against external threats and the home network is segregated to block lateral malware propagation. The agent also hardens the CPE against attack protecting it from security vulnerabilities that can compromise the CPE itself, for example, password strength enforcement, open port analysis and protection and unauthorized access control.
Allot HomeSecure provides security services to the smart home that can only be provided from the local home network. The three layers of security it provides are:
- Protecting networked devices from external threats. Through machine learning techniques and visibility provided by the agent all the devices within the home are identified and profiled, so that a unique security policy can be automatically applied for IoT and user devices in the home, protecting them fromon-line threats.
- Local network security – protecting home devices from attacks within the local home network, for example, making sure that a compromised device connected to the home network is not able to attack other devices in the home network.
- CPE hardening – protecting the CPE from security vulnerabilities that can compromise the CPE itself, for example, password strength enforcement, open port analysis and protection, unauthorized access controls, etc.
Allot HomeSecure is comprised of the following elements:
- Allot HomeSecure CPE thin client – processing smart home IoT and device information and applying per device security policy in addition to CPE hardening. The client is designed to operate on existing CPE with minimal impact on CPU and memory resulting in less than 10% performance impact.
- Allot Secure Cloud – Providing threat intelligence for the CPE client and providing machine learning capabilities for analyzing information provided by the CPE client in order to identify smart home devices and create a per device profile and security policy.
- Allot Secure unified security manager – provide unified management and control for both end user as well as CSP.
- Allot HomeSecure mobile application – provide a simple and easy way for the end user to manage the security of the smart home and gain visibility into the CSP service and value.
To learn more please visit the Netonomy web site at: http://www.netonomy.com/
Allot Secure is a security service delivery platform designed for CSPs that centrally manages and unifies multilayer, multivendor security. It unifies network-based security, home gateway security and security clients into your own branded security service. Allot Secure delivers a seamless customer experience through a single interface for policy setting, reporting, and event handling.
Achieve over 50% customer adoption generating incremental security service revenue with network based security services that protect your customers on-line.
Allot DDoS Secure
Protecting data networks against the increasing scale and complexity of inbound and outbound cyberattack.
The power to accurately identify and measure all the traffic on your network in real-time