Join Us at Allot
Bogota, Colombia ● Full time
Who we are:
Allot is an industry leader in network security and visibility. A global growing company in cyber-security with a strong Tier1 customer base. We embrace an agile way of working, priding ourselves on being fast, diverse and dynamic. We are real team players who are ready to go the extra mile to succeed. We believe that anyone can make an impact and together our team spirit makes all the difference. This is your opportunity to develop, professionally and personally.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a talented Support engineer to Handle 1st and 2nd support cases professionally and independently via CRM, phone and email.
What you’ll do:
Provide excellent, dedicated and proactive support service, perform deep problem investigation into system logs and behaviour, provide technical guidance and solutions to the company's customers and partners, problem reproduction and lab simulations, working with higher tier support teams and travel to customer sites according to need. All while maintaining direct contact with key customers in the APAC, AMERICAS & EMEA regions off-site and on-site to assure customer satisfaction and success. Serving mainly AMERICAS customer but with opportunities to serve and travel globally.
- Working Monday-Friday 9 hour shifts with some coverage needs.
- Weekend shifts and on-call duty as part of global support coverage.
- Ensure all calls/issues are logged with appropriate detail including best practices regarding documentation, monitoring, and administration
- Re-produce and work with Experts/R&D teams to resolve complex technical issues in a timely manner
- Provide regular updates to customers and End to end ownership of all reported cases through to closure
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Create knowledge base articles to enhance the reuse of technical knowledge
- Transfer knowledge to customers and co-workers
- Assess, prioritize and manage workload ensuring SLAs are met
- Require constant and effective communications with internal/external cross-functional teams
This position requires a team player who is motivated to learn, and who strives to find timely solutions to complex technical issues. It will require constant and effective communications with internal/external cross-functional teams.
What you should have:
- At least 3-5 years hands-on experience of Linux system administration operation– Mandatory.
- RT systems knowledge and understanding - advantage.
- Wide Security and Protection hands-on knowledge and understanding - Mandatory.
- Security audits knowledge and tools.
- Vulnerability scanning and closing.
- Strong knowledge with networking LAN/WAN environments, preferably with:
- ISPs, Telco's and Mobile Operators, Tier1/Tier2 networks.
- Mobile data/cable operators.
- Hands-on experience in networking LAN/WAN products such as Core Routers, Switches, Firewalls, NMS components, etc.
- Working knowledge of Radius, Diameter, DHCP, 3GPP, PCEF, PCRF, understanding general protocol call flow, Layer 7 applications and sniffing.
- Strong hands-on working knowledge of TCP/IP networks, packet sniffing and traffic generation.
- Experienced in customer care working with CRM systems
- Excellent customer service attitude and ability to work with others in a highly collaborative environment.
- Motivated and self-learner through hands on experience and on the go learning.
- Able to work under pressure upholding strict SLA's.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to technologies and technical environments.
- Excellent human relations, service orientated and excellent team player.
- Excellent communicator written and spoken.
- Good English spoken and writing skills – a must.
- Additional languages – an advantage.
Graduate/Diploma of Computer Science/Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Knowledge in Shell/Perl scripting – an advantage.
- Proven experience in leading support teams - advantage.
- Hands-on experience in routing protocols like BGP, PBR, etc. – an advantage.
- Database experience with Sybase or MySQL, Vertica an advantage
- Open Stack knowledge and Cloud solutions – and advantage
- Proved experience in working directly in a T1 LATAM customers – advantage