It’s all about the online experience
With the FIFA World Cup at the center of the world’s attention interesting digital lifestyle trends are affecting mobile networks:
- Fan engagement via mobile sports apps rose 300% above average during game time.
- Allot’s granular analytics also showed that Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype Chat and Viber were up 200% over the average use during game time.
- WhatsApp Photo Sharing was up 30% over average at the beginning of most games.
- Network traffic peaks shifted to game broadcast times. Networks experienced two peaks on days when there were two major games and on days when there were no games traffic patterns shifted back to normal.
- During the Italy versus Uruguay game, YouTube traffic skyrocketed by more than 40% immediately following the infamous Suarez bite incident.
The strong mobile app adoption and particularly engaging content around major events like the World Cup is an important digital lifestyle trend that operators should note and leverage.
Allot ClearSee Analytics is breaking new ground by enabling operators to watch mobile digital lifestyles in action.